Friday, June 26, 2009

What a week!

OMG! Those are the only words I can come up with to sum up my week! It almost seems surreal. Michael Jackson dies at age 50, Farrah Faucet dies of cancer, Ed McMann dies....seriously Hollywood, you can stop now. Last night was insane! I went to a Lia Sophia party with my recruiter and it was NOT good! I hope I never have a show like that. Bless her heart! One order! One...yes that's right, one lonely order. How do you not have friends that want to buy jewelry and why would you not cancel that show rather than waste the hostess time. Then I come home and my husband is stuck in the Detroit airport, so I'm running around trying to get him a hotel room and rebooked to come home today...shew! When it rains, it pours!

I however am very excited to start my Lia Sophia shows. I wish my show wasn't still three weeks away! I have four shows lined up and hopefully *fingers crossed, two more people interested in shows for August. Everytime I see a new piece from the catalog on, I love it. The catalog does not do this jewelry line justice. I hope that I have a great turn out at my show. My menu is currently being planned and I am thinking Margarita's and Mexican appetizers. Gauc, chips and salsa are a must and maybe the fruit salsa with cinnamon chips. I really want lots of friends and family to come out and support me as I start up this business. If I reach my goal then I get $150 in free jewelry to add to my collection. I need as many free pieces as I can get so I don't spend more than I make to get this thing started. I at least want to make enough money to help pay for my classes.

Oh yeah, classes! I started my Algebra 109 class yesterday and by start I mean I watched the review section. LOST basically sums that up...LOL! I hope to get through lesson one on Sunday so I can be four days ahead of schedule. This online summer class is going to move fast and I do not want to get behind. Especially since I have four shows lined up the last two weeks of July. The more I can get done the better.

Saturday should be fun! My good friend Sarah is having a "going away" get together on a double decker bus! Good friends, good drinks, driving around Lexington...could it get any better...oh yea, maybe if we were still in Miami.

Miami was amazing! We (Amanda, Jewel and I) just got back from SoBe last Sunday. It was a sad flight home and I already feel pasty pale. The glow (sweat) look was really growing on me. Make sure you look at our pictures on Facebook if you already haven't. My favorite thing was the Bahama mama in a pineapple.

So many exciting things going on in my life. I am asking God to help me stay afloat and to help me succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment