Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Hunt for Jeans

Well as I was walking around NYC last weekend, my jeans that fit oh so snug before I left my hotel room are now a whole size too big in the waist but yet still skin tight on my thighs. I decided I am trying on new jeans and finding a pair that fit better than the 50 pairs I have in my closet that I HATE! I do have a pair of Gap Jeans that I somewhat like, but go figure, they discontinued those. At 28 years-old, I don't want my butt crack hanging out the back of my jeans nor do I want the waist up to my belly button. Neither has ever been a good luck but at 18 I was less conscious of my crack or undies hanging out the rear. Thank goodness I have learned something over the past ten years.

I headed back to my Alma-matter, American Eagle to try on jeans. I used to LOVE their jeans and owned nothing else. Blake Lively (from Gossip Girl, watch it if you don't already) was spotted in the all new, brought back, Artist Jean and it looked great on her. Sure I'll give it a try, why not. I can finally own a pair of jeans that a celebrity owns. I headed into AE, grabbed two sizes, just to be safe of the darkest Artist jean on the shelf. I was super stocked because old kinda-fav jeans, even though I hate all my jeans, are Artist from back in at least 2007 when I worked there. I had a shimmer of hope in the name. I tried on the larger size first, hoping that if they didn't fit I would feel better about myself when I go could to the smaller size. Well...that DID NOT happen. They were SKIN TIGHT in my butt, and thighs and I barely got them buttoned. Back to the shelf for the artist jean.

What I really wanted was a cute pair of dark skinny jeans (but not so skinny that I look like an emo-kid-wanna-be. I wanted a Jcrew skinny jean look, but Jcrew's pants do not fit me! Their lowest rise is the highest pair of jeans I have ever put on my body. A few days later, I headed back to AE to pick up a tunic and decided to give their "New" Skinny Boot jean a try since they no longer carry the straight leg jean in the store. Much to my surprise...I loved them! And they run big, so I am in the size that I wore, pre-sit-on-my-butt-all-day at a computer. This puts a smile on my face. They have a great fit, not too low, still a little tight in my booty, but with a white girl butt this big, it's bound to be a little snug, they leg has a nice opening for wearing straight or cuffing up. I am very pleased. I will probably even head back for a second pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment