Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Manic Monday

Jesse has been gone since last Friday, which can make for a lonely weekend, lonely week, and boring life. I try to surround myself with my friends when he's out of town, it's such a great balance of friends and husband, but this past weekend my favorite lunch buddy (you know who you are) was out of town. Her and her mom (along with the rest of the family) thought they should go on vacation. Who ever heard of such. So having the whole weekend off...you would think I would come up with my crazy craft projects then. OH NO...I have to wait till Monday to be hit with a brilliant craft idea.

I saw these adorable dog silhouettes on the Pottery Barn website and was for sure I could replicate. I wanted mine to be of my three dogs. So the wheels started turning. I first thought I would just get white paper and get black card stock. But that would be too easy. I experimented back in 2009 with freezer paper stencils and figured it was be just as easy to do on canvas. So that is what I went with. I googled each of my dogs and made them into a silhouette.



I am so happy with how they turned out and can't wait to get them hung this weekend. I have already had 10 dogs requested and a handful of others that want to get pictures of their dogs to make into Silhouettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment