Tuesday, August 23, 2011

OOTD

Oh it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood.... (dances around the room).

It's a low 83 degrees here in the Bluegrass and it feels amazing! I have spent majority of my afternoon just being lazy and running a few errands. Nothing too exciting or crazy going on these days. During the week I have to dress pretty business casual and I am usually in one brand from head to toe...however, since it's my day off, I thought I'd share one of my Outfit Of The Day for you since I've got some variety in my life....for 24 hours anyhow.

I can't say that I am all that excited for Fall even though the cool down has been nice (and by cool down I mean 95 degrees down to 85 degrees, but really nice, crisp 70 degree mornings) because then winter comes and I'm really not looking forward to snow and ice and brrrrrrr....being cold! I do like to throw on a sweater and jeans every now and then but I do that living in a warm state during the months of January and February  (thought of not putting on snow boots makes me smile and being able to use a pool more than 3 months of the year). I picked up this dolman, poncho really light wear-it-now sweater from Target and I wasn't sure if I was keeping it or not  as it's really not all that flattering. Having it on all morning has convinced me it's a keeper! I love how comfy and easy it is. It's not something I'm going to be able to wear into the winter, but for $16.99 who cares!  I feel like the cut is the new 2011 updated poncho (which was a trend I really wanted to rock back in 2006...but never could quite pull it off) the sleeves are stitched down the underside, unlike a poncho, but it's really flowy and lose. I think it's great piece for a day off but still looks very trendy and a little boho chic.

Target Xhileration Sweater $16.99
Ann Taylor Loft Bow Flip Flops
Micheal Kors Watch

What are your favorite wear-it-now, wear-it-later pieces? Do you dig the "summer sweater" or is it just still too warm?

Stay tuned for upcoming posts on Fall Trends!


1 comment:

  1. Depends on what you mean by "summer sweater"? I love wearing sweaters year-round. For the summer I prefer a tube top sweater, halter top sweater or a casual short-sleeved sweater. I do love your topic and question on this! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete