Tuesday, December 22, 2009

To 2010

The Christmas season is almost over (sad face)...that means it's time to start thinking about new years resolutions. Every year I say the same thing: excersize more, spend more time with my family, blah, blah, and blah. I am going to put spending more time with my family on the list and it should be easier because my little sister is home from Murray! These are a few of my other resolutions:

1. Brush at least two times a day and floss daily.

I got fitted for invisalign last week, and had a cleaning for the first time in 8 months thanks to my dentist who is so over booked they couldn't squeeze me in for another 6 months when I missed my august appointment. I found out I had four cavaities (again thanks to the old dentist who said it was just staining...). Two of which I got filled yesterday-OUCH!-One tooth was so bad almost half of my tooth was taken out. Invisalign is going to make some huge changes in my life. Because of the trays, I have to brush after I eat (which is 3 + times a day) and it is super important to floss to help prevent anymore cavaites and/or decay. I'm not a funky person who doesn't brush, but I am horrible about flossing. I can't have dark sodas or tea while the trays are in....this is sad considering all I drink is Dr. Pepper, Tea and crystal light fruit punch. I will savor each and every Dr. Pepper I drink from now till my little invisalign box arrives.


2. Pass Micro-Economics with an A!
I have completed Algebra and Calculus since summer 09'. Both with B's and I am bound and determined to get an A in this next class!

3. Do some sort of exercise three times a week. It's going to be all about being healthy in 2010. It is recommended to get exercise at least three times week for 30 mins. I'd like to get back in the gym, lifting some weights and spinning, and maybe some yoga. I really wanted to do Hot Yoga, but I am not paying $80 for a months membership-RIDICULOUS!

4. Continue cutting out credit card debit!

5. Quit picking at my nails. There's nothing classier than well manicured nails.

more to come I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. Mindy,
    If you do drink Dr pepper between aligners make sure that you use a mouthwash before putting the invsalign aligners back in http://www.rocadental.com/ If this is not done residual sugar will get trapped under the aligners causing massive decay.
    Dr. Roca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great to know! I usually only have one with breakfast, so a brushing would follow, but I guess mouthwash should be added to my dental kit. Thanks for the heads up! I do not need anymore cavaties! The one I got filled Monday was bad enough :(

    ReplyDelete