Friday, February 12, 2010

A Southern Romance

I found this amazing website: www.bluegrassromance.com on my friend Megan's Blog. This has been a true inspiration. There are so many things that Jesse and I have never done here in the Good-Ole Bluegrass. I have lived here my entire life and my husband, Jesse, has been here since 2001. This idea of mini-missions really makes me think about all the things we say each year that we are going to do and of coure...never end up doing them. I have started a list of mini-missions I would like to challenge myself to complete (and with my lover):

1. Bourbon Trail (any or all of them)
2. Henry Clay Tour
3. Shaker Village
4. Hike Natural Bridge
5. Visit Cumberland State Park to see the Moonbow
6. Winery Tour (any or all of them)
7. Watch a Movie at the Kentucky Theater
8. Eat at Alfalfa’s
9. Louisville Slugger Museum
10. Mammoth Cave
11. Take a Pole Dancing Class
12. Take a stroll in the Arboretum
13. Go snow tubing at Perfect North (not in KY, but close)
14. Cinci-Red’s Game
15. See Wicked in Louisville in March
16. Dinner Cruise on the Belle of Louisville
17. Have a cousin’s photo shoot (Have been saying this for 3 years now)
18. Take a carriage ride through downtown Lexington
19. Have breakfast at Keeneland and watch the horses warm up
20. Go Horseback riding
21. Have Coffee at Common Grounds
22. Attend and Tailgate a UK football game (tickets anyone?)


What are your ideas of things to see/do in the Bluegrass Region that I may not know about or should re-visit and share with my husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment