Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Summer Glow

I am struggling with the fact that I am pasty, pasty white and I am so addicted to the tanning bed. I went almost one whole year using drug store self tanner and I have even Mystic tanned once or twice (which is a mess). Sun Tan City came out with the new revolution self tanner known as the VersaSpa. I was skeptical as I am sure most of you would be too if you have tried Mystic Tan, which is extremely uneven and makes you feel like you are suffocating while you are in the booth. My goal is to stay out of the tanning bed this year.

So, I went on a Sunday afternoon while it was 1/2 price. I was talked into the Amplifer Gel and the VersaSpa lotion (I usually will not buy those kinds of things). The booth is so much nicer than the Mystic tan. You step in and you position yourself 4 different ways as the nozels move up and down (there are a ton of nozels instead of just two in the Mystic). There is a ventilator behind you to suck in the extra spray so that you can actually breath. After the 4 sprays, you get a blow dry spray so that you don't have to "pat off" the afterwards. I waited a bit after getting out to make sure I was completely dry before getting dressed.

I did the medium dark clear (no bronzer, which means there is not immediate color). I would suggest wearing dark clothes when you go and for the next day as you might notice some color coming off as it sets into your skin. I noticed a huge difference in color by the time I went to be about 6 hours later. Note: you cannot shower for 6 hours after you spray and it does smell a little funky (like self tanner). The smell only lasts until you shower.

My color is very smooth and even. I have a few light spots around my thumbs and side of my hand from not getting the barrier cream on as well as I should but other than that, it was a great experience; I love it. The amplifer gel did exactly what it said it would, even out your skin's pH levels to give you a very even color. I wouldn't spray without it. I just started using the After Lotion that is suppose to help hold the color longer. I'll update later this week how long it lasts and if the lotion is worth it.

Don't tan, go spray!

1 comment:

  1. FYI Versa Spa is $15.00 starting Feb. 8th!!! Go get sprayed.

    ReplyDelete