Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Baltimore, MD


I'M HERE! After shortly landing in Baltimore on a flight that was way too short therefore cutting my nap short (getting up at 4:30 AM is not fun) I headed off to the rental car place. I really hate when you have to take a shuttle from the airport to the rental car place. Thank goodness my GPS worked, because I didn't rent one to save the company money and I didn't google map the hotel from the rental car place (which was pretty far off from the airport). Everything went smoothly, I picked up the AV guy and we headed into the Hampton Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, which is near our venue for tonight's program and the Harbor. The hotel is great, parking was a bit tricky as all the streets around are one way, so the GPS took use around in a big square and then we missed our turn...go figure, I was driving...and then we couldn't find the parking garage or the valet parkers (they were parking a car, go figure).

We went to the Legendary Phillips on the Harbor for lunch. The are rated number 1 for crab cakes. Ashley and I ate here last time we came and they have the yummiest crab cakes EVER!



All the little touristy shops around the area have the cutest little mugs that say things like "I'm crabby" or "I'm crabby till I have my coffee." I almost bought my hubby one, but they were almost $10 for a little mug. Oh well, the thought was there. It's cold and dreary here today, so I am hanging out in the hotel room. The building next to us is a little creepy...like something out of NCIS where dead bodies are found, let's just say when the sun goes down, my curtains are going shut! I'll post pics when I get home.

The building next to it, got plowed by a bus in the past day or so...random! There's just a big whole in the wall.

Well just a few hours till I'm off to work. Headed to Washington, DC in the morning. I hope to get to go to the Smithsonian tomorrow since I have never been before. Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment