Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm back!

So I am finally home from my week-long work trip. I started out the week in Baltimore and headed over to Washington, DC on Wednesday. I was really excited to go to DC, since I have never been before...and yes, I mean never. I didn't do the little kid, middle school trip where you get to go and see all the monuments and the Smithsonian. We had most of the day to kill, but didn't leave the Baltimore hotel till late as I had only really planned to go to the Smithsonian. The guy traveling with me to do my AV set at my shows decided he would go with me and show me the different sites and play tour guide for the day. We saw so much stuff in the shortest amount of time! First on the tour was the Ab Lincoln Memorial. I have seen pictures of this...but man that thing is HUGE!

So because I am five and wanted to see Dinosaur's, we had to hit up the Smithsonian before we got back on the Metro (which I have mastered, thanks to Ashley's map!) I enjoyed the skeleton's but have decided that everything looks super cool in skeleton form (well animals anyhow) because they have animals that still exist today as skeleton's and I was fascinated by them for some odd reason...Here's a few pictures. I kept thinking that the Smithsonian was the museum from "Night at the Museum," after realizing it wasn't I was not as excited. Oh well one more thing I can add to my list of Museum's to see.
There were kids all over the steps of this place, probably doing their middle school tour that I never got to do. Our next stop was the Korean Memorial, which was really cool. All these faces were etched into this wall and appeared to be holographs.


The WWII Memorial, which is fairly new was also without water...go figure, but I found KY!

The Washington Monument was really cool...also extremely large...we didn't do the tour...still not sure what you do when you go up inside the monument, but lot's of people were doing it.



Even though it was an express tour of DC I really enjoyed seeing all the sites and couldn't have asked for a nicer day in DC to walk around. The temperature was prefect and not a rain drop fell from the sky. I have conquered the Metro and can now say I have seen DC in all it's glory. Maybe next time I go back, the fountain's and water will be up and the tree's will be in full bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment