Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dave Matthews Band


We are finally back from Nashville. The DMB concert was last night (Saturday) and we thought we got super lucky when we located a Hampton Inn closer to Vandy....I'll come back to why we were not so lucky in a minute. Jesse and I had such a great relaxing weekend. We went down Thursday, stopped in at one of Jesse's clients and then headed to the hotel for dinner and vegging out. Friday we spent some time shopping at the outlets, running around downtown, and eating at Rotiers (a little hole in the wall hamburger joint). We were suppose to change hotels on Saturday and we really wanted to be down by Vandy since that's where the concert was. I looked at Hampton and luckily there was one Hampton Inn open! It was fate. I cancelled the Fairfield Inn that was out by Opryland and booked the Hampton. Saturday morning we headed to Opry Mills, checked out the mall (I found a really cute polka dot skirt at the Loft that I had wanted but couldn't find my size in Lexington...go ME!) and then we headed downtown Nashville for the Hampton. Now, I have stayed at my fair share of Hamptons, as has Jesse (Mr. Gold status). This poor Hampton looked like the Motel 6 for 34.95 a night. I used my HHonors points, so I wasn't too concerned and it was only for one night so we could deal with the "run-down" ghetto Hampton. We went to dinner at this amazing little Italian place across the street (the brewery we wanted to eat at was an hour wait) and then headed down to the concert. We knew where the concert was driving but didn't really know how to get to the Stadium on foot, so we just followed the crowd. We made it as Jason Mraz was opening (who we also passed on Vandy's campus earlier that day). Snore...sorry that was me being put to sleep by his music. After much patient waiting Dave finally came on! We had tickets pretty much as far back and up as you could go, but the seats were not bad. We didn't have anyone in front of us so we could stretch out our legs, it was great. I ran into a girl I used to work with at AE, she was about 4 seats down from me (we had ran into each other at Opry mills in the Banana Outlet dressing room earlier that day). The concert was great! This morning we got up, started getting ready and the caous hit! While Jesse was in the shower, a room around us flushed their toliet...and their flushed nastiness came up in the shower. Luckily he was done and getting ready to get out, so he hopped out and shared the gift from our neighbors with me! YUCK! I called the front desk and they quickly sent someone to our room to fix it "good as new". I was kind of shocked that the manager did not call us or check on us. It is pretty disguisting to have someone else's sewage come up while you are showering. We finished getting ready and headed to check out. If you know me, then you know that I spoke with the manager and he refunded my points so we stayed at the NASTY Hampton for free. We are finally home after a great long weekend. It's always good to be home. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment