Friday, April 10, 2009

Green, Green Grass

I am obsessed with Grass today...yes grass, like the kind that grows in your yard. Like I mentioned an an earlier blog, I want to grow grass in glass containers for centerpieces for my new dining room table (like the table I saw in Pottery Barn). I did a little google researching today and found that the grass I want to grow is Wheat Grass. Very interesting, I didn't really know there are types of grass...Who knew? I found a perfect container at Michaels today and pebbles were on sale for $.99 from $2.29. What a great deal! I need to get two more containers, but will wait till I can use another Michael's coupon. I have never and will never pay full price for anything at Michaels. Now I just need to hunt down Wheat Grass seeds...where do you find that?

My other grass obsession is in the form of cupcakes, chocolate ones to represent the dirt, iced in grass for easter, and topped with some Jelly Beans for eggs! Guess this means I am headed back to Michaels for a new tip to pipe out grass. I love decorating cupcakes. I wish I had more time to decorate and learn how to use new tips. I'll let you know how the "Easter Egg Hunt" Cup Cakes go!



Update:
Well I got one and a half down of the grassy things I wanted to make. I have been searching for the wheat grass and luckily enough I found it today at Whole foods!! Can't wait to get the rest of my pots and get the grass-a-growing! The grass cupcakes turned out awesome considering it was my first time using that tip. Everyone thought they were adorable and delicious. I'm sure I will be making more.



No comments:

Post a Comment