Friday, February 27, 2009

Lonely bed

Back in December, Jesse and I found this amazing deal on craigslist for a luxury king size bed. If you are married and sleeping in a full or queen size bed you know how glorious the thought of a King is! We had talked about getting one, but they are so expensive we just couldn't see spending the money right now. THEN we came across this deal and we (I) couldn't say no! We moved our old queen bed into the spare room and sold the head/foot board (also on craigslist). Now we have an amazing Kind size bed, on a frame, but no head board...King beds/headboards are so OUTRAGEOUS! Our poor room looks so sad with this big bed and no headboard. I have seen DIY projects where you take an old door and turn it into a headboard (inspiration pic below).



My mission this weekend is to hit up some Salvage stores and see if I can find an old door to re-purpose and make my bed complete. I'm hoping to also come across an old window pane, that i can turn into a mirror (not sure where it's going to go, but I really want one). I'll let you know how it goes! I'd really like to get an old armless chair to recover too for our bedroom. If anyone knows of a good used furniture store to get something like that at, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment