Friday, February 27, 2009

Nikki-Wikki


Nikki is graduating from Doggie class this week and I will have to say it has been an adventerous six weeks. The first week was okay, we learned the basics: sit, down, and heel. The second week I wanted to cry by the time the hour was up because Nikki was so bad. The whole hour she did nothing but try to eat my arm and the leash everytime I made her do anything. Week three was pretty much the same; she would do great practicing at home and as soon as we were around other dogs it all went out the window. The next three weeks were cancelled due to the ice storm and the national guard coming in (we meet at the armory). Week four was okay, we made it through 45 mins before she got too crazy to handle. We just completed week five this week and I have never been so proud and happy. Nikki is learning so much. She can (by word and hand command both) sit, stay, heel, down, turn/heel. That seems so simple but it has been a tough road to get there. Next week she graduates from level one and I am so happy that I decided to do this training with her. I think we will see even more progress once it warms up and I can get her outside more and about around other dogs and distractions. Way to go Nikki!!

Update 3.4.09
Nikki graduated level one dog training class tonight. She even got a graduation cap to prove it (and some special treats and toys from Nana for doing so well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment