Sunday, February 22, 2009

Project Time

Amber and I have both seen these really cute, girly frames and have decided against paying $30 for one when we can make them ourselves. So on this lazy Sunday, I have dusted off my craft paint and start a project (hopefully one that I will finish, as I get a little ADD at times and get bored if the project doesn't go quickly). The one I saw was a khaki frame with cream polka dots, a big ribbon and a "happily ever after" inscription. After much time staring aimlessy at the paint and ribbon's at Michael's for different color inspiration, I have decided to go with exactly what I saw...Boring I know, but it will go nicely in my bathroom with my Khaki, red, and brown shower curtain. I try to contain my "girly" projects to my area's of the house to not impose them on my husband and his masculinity. If I lived alone it is quite possible that my house would like like For Friends got monogrammed and threw up on all over it, but I have a man living in the house, so we compromise.


More to come as the paint dries....aghhh this part takes forever! A.D.D. Kicking in.

So...I painted it...it dried...I wrote on it and didn't like it...now I can't get the paint to cover it up. I think I am going to have to get sand paper, sand it down, and then repaint...blah...this was suppose to be quick and easy. Guess that's what I get for not practicing the writing before I did it. Oh well, something to work on Monday night before Gossip Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment