Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010

Finally! Hallowen is here (well Halloween Party day anyhow) and I can now reveal my most incredible creation to the world!

Best Costume 2010




There's a little (no pun intended Ali, even though you look so tiny next to me that I could carry you around in my pocket) Elphaba in my picture, but don't worry...she won't call the flying monkey's to attack!  Even if she did I'm sure that my peacock beauty would put them in a trance.

There are over 100 peacock feather's in my entire costume. I made every last piece (except the leggings...Express made those) the earrings (can't really see here), the peacock tail, the arrangement on the front of my corset (black corest is from The Limited a few years back), the double tutu (with peacock feathers sewn in) and my shoes are adorned with peacock feathers. I'm thinking about spicing it up a bit for going out tonight as I try to win something at Drakes. I am in it to win it! Although it is ridiculously cold (insert a brrr and a shiver here) in the Bluegrass this weekend, considering last Saturday it was 80 degrees! Why can that not be today? You really cannot make me happy...if it's 80 I'm mad I can't wear my OTKB and if it's 50 out then I can't wear my Peacock costume. So I may and may not get a little funky with changes....I may add a peacock shrug, peacock leg warmers, and peacock socks to keep warm!

Here are some other great shots of my works Halloween Costumes:


It's Flo from Progressive. How does she always know the insurance that we need?

A beautiful Geisha (and her trusty peacock)


Glenda and Elphaba
I didn't get a great shot of everyones costume (horrible inside lighting), even though this is one of the best years as far as costumes go! Abvoe we have in addition to the ones already shown: an Egyptian Princess, The Dixie Chicks, an alligator, a flapper, a cave girl, a vampire, an old man/geezer, the black-eyed peas, an apple, and an etch-a-sketch.

I work with really fun, creative people. Be jealous!! We are fabulous!

Oh! And not to bring it back to me....but this is my blog...check out my great tan. It's obvious I did not get bronze from laying out in the 50 degree sun and fake-n-baking is horrible for your skin (I gave it up this past spring and yes, I will pat myself on the back-pat, pat, pat). It is compliments of "No Line Tanning" at Hair Cafe. They have an airbrush consultant and she does an amazing job! I've been using Versa Spa from Sun Tan City since about June and while it looks good (I go regularly twice a week) everyone noticed how great my new tan looked. There definitely was a difference in the quality of product going on my body. I highly recommend them and can send you their info or you can find them on Facebook here. There is Costume Contest, so if you want to enter to win one month unlimited call them asap!

Happy Halloween! Be Safe. Don't Drink and Drive!




**disclaimer: If anyone would prefer to not be featured in my blog, please facebook me asap and I'll remove your picture, even though these are all so, so good and taken by me personally.


No comments:

Post a Comment