Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's official. Fall is here. I am cold.

I am happy, if and only if, it gets back up to real fall weather and not jump straight to winter. Saturday was a beautiful 72 degree day, the sun was shining, and fall was in the air. Today...not so much. It's barely 50 degrees, cloudy and miserable. After scanning facebook and reading these ridiculous status updates about how wonderful this fall weather is, I am pretty sure my friends are in denial and/ or possibly just crazy. Yesterday was fabulous. Today pretty much confirms my self diagnosis of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Which duh...just makes me sad.

Now...think happy thoughts: food candles (cinnamon bun burning as we speak),  over-the-knee boots (I think I need more pairs...I can't wear these same ones everyday can I?), warm cozy sweaters, buying candy corn to decorate with and then eating way to much of it, turning on my heated seat in my Edge, lighting the fireplace (probably need to get that tank refilled asap before it really gets cold and I freeze to death. It could happen...), putting on my ugg slippers, knee high socks, carving a pumpkin, drinking Hot Chocolate, watching the leaves change color,
and snuggling on the couch with the hubs and watching way too much TV (Ooo! That reminds me, I still need True Blood Season 2! Gotta get on ordering that!)

My inspriation to fill my candle cars with candy corn...$10 bets the hubby eats out of it!
Modern take on a Fall/Halloween Wreath. Maybe my next art project (details here)
Just makes me feel warm and cozy inside.

Happy Fall!

3 comments:

  1. PS...I caught him with his hand in the candy jar :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, just a word of warning on those candles with the candy corn. I did that one year and they completely melted in there. Eventually, soaking removed them, but . . .
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they melt because you burned the candle or just because they did? Jesse may eat them all before they melt (ha!).

    ReplyDelete