Saturday, October 9, 2010

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire

I am a liar.

Okay. There! I said it.

I took a vow back in 2009 that I would not, absolutely, without a doubt, never, ever, ever purchase a pair of Jeggings. Ever! Who needs to wear jeans that are that tight and form fitting? Obviously ME!

For the first time last week, I tried on pair of American Eagle jeggings (to wear with my OTKB...because everything in my life revolves around those amazing boots) and I am in love. Head over Heels, In love. They fit some amazing. It's like, well...wearing leggings (duh, doesn't take a rocket scientiest to figure that one out). My husband is still fascinated every time I put them on and is probably slightly jealous that there isn't a pair of jeans that feel as awesome as my Jeggings in the men's department (except not form fitting/skin tight....bad visual of the hubby in jeggings...eek!). They are so soft, comfy, easy to move in, so doing any small task is so much more pleasant than in straight leg or skinny jeans.

I really want another pair as I am sitting here damning my uncomfortable straightleg jeans that feel like they may cut me in half when I sit down, but are hanging off my waist when I stand up (geeze..can't we figure out the growing waist thing...seriously. It's 2010.) I am converting people left and right as all sizes really can wear this pant. The key is to get them in a size that fits. Too small equals stuffing yourself in like a sausage. That's never good in any jean. And we definately don't want muffin top. Dark colors are flattering on all people and look great with casual tops and dressing tops. I personally like the jeggings with a button, like real jeans and not the slip over the hips style....still trying to figure out how that works. Just reminds me of really bad mom jeans with elastic around the waist.

Here are some of my favs:


Ann Taylor Loft Inky Blue Wash Jegging (buy here) $69.50



American Eagle Worn Dark Jeggings $29.95 (buy here)
American Eagle Cord Jegging $29.95 (buy here)

American Eagle Dark Indigo Jegging ** The pair I bought $39.50 (buy here)

1 comment:

  1. Hello :) Just throwing this out there... if you don't really like 'jeggings' (which I personally do not - they look awful on me) you should check out Seven's 'Roxanne' skinny jean. I found a pair at Marshall's on sale for $80. :)

    ReplyDelete