Friday, February 4, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Hope your Friday was as fabulous as mine!

I love Friday's and not just because it is the end of the week and the start to the weekend but because in general everyone is in a better mood, you feel like you have finally accomplished something for the week, and in my world it's JEAN day!!! Whoot Whoot! I love jean day. However does anyone else have the hardest time finding jeans that fit well? I am not one to spend $100 plus on a pair of jeans. Just cannot bring myself to do it. Maybe one day but when I can only wear them to work one day a week, I just can't justify the purchase. I shop all the normal people places for my jeans: Gap, Limited, AE,and  Express. My favorites jeans...until today...were my Gap Always Skinny jeans and I think another pair has just moved on in and stolen the spotlight.  All thanks to Limited and their wonderful coupons. I totally took advantage of the $50 off $150. And then you put your jeans (and pants) on sale. Oh how wonderful you are! This means getting jeans and a few tops! Oh how fulfilling it can be to go shopping! These infamous jeans are The Limited 917 Black Skinny Jean! They are everything the reviews say they are. The fit is lower rise (for Limited), fitted everywhere like a glove but with the amazing stretch of a jegging. To me the color looks like really dark jean more than black jean but they are suppose to be black (but not like black-black jeans...sometimes I do not like those). Maybe I'm coming down with color blindness in my old age.



Top: The Limited Stripe Pattern Top
Jeans: The Limited 917 Black Skinny Jean
Bracelets: Express and Limited

The other reason this Friday was fabulous is because it was Brazilian Blowout Day. As a naturally, frizzy, wavy hair person this is the best thing since sliced bread. True Story. For those of you who have not heard of this product and treatment, the Brazilian Blowout is a smoothing treatment to help tame the crazies. Seen on stars like Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Richie and Halle Barry (if you watched "Simple Life" with Nicole and Paris you have probably thought...how did Nicole tame that hot mess of her's...now you know). It takes about two hours to complete the entire process and it is not cheap (well compared to getting a highlight or color...not sure what the comparison is of other hair processes) but the time I get back getting ready in the morning is worth every penny of it. My hair is smooth, shiny, silky, frizz free (even in the humid Florida climate), and fixes in half the time it would normally take. Now, to be clear this is not a straightening process but a smoothing treatment. However many people will find that their hair is perfectly straight or much, much straighter from the treatment. My hair with the treatment still air dries wavy, but if I just use a blowdryer and pull the strands tight with my hand, I can achieve the same silky results I would with a round brush and flat iron. I am actually looking forward to washing and drying my hair tomorrow.

Let's hope the rest of this weekend follows in fabulous Friday's footsteps!

3 comments:

  1. There was an article in this month's Shape magazine that talked about the health effects of Brazilian blowouts. Here's the link to the online article http://www.shape.com/beauty-and-style/hair/hair-basics/salon-101/can-hair-straightening-keratin-treatments-make-you-sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew someone would comment something like this.

    First of all it is sad to me that the Brazilian Blowout claim on 12% formaldehyde came out back in aug 2010, and resolved in the same month yet these so called educated up to date mags are still putting out false info.

    OSHA tested Brazilian blowout (the brand) and found it has .079% formaldehyde The legal limit (found in household cleaning products and things like nail polish is .1%. We are more exposed daily than we realize.

    Now, some keratin treatments do have higher levels of formaldehyde in them. So educate yourself on the product before you have it done

    You can find more info on the formaldehyde controversy and OSHA results on their website link above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of you like myself who like to do a little research and digging. Here is a link to all the statements from Brazilin Blowout (the brand, not to be confused with any other Keratin treatment that also refers to it's self as Brazilian Blowout):
    http://www.brazilianblowout.com/archive-statements

    ReplyDelete