Sunday, February 27, 2011

Love it or Leave it: Bare Minerals Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser

I know many of you are wondering if I possibly fell of the face of the earth since I haven't been posting that much hardly at all. Work has been so busy, I've been trying to be a good P90X student and get in at least 5 of the 6 days (shew it's really hard to get them all in), and I just feel exhausted...not to mention my new found obsession with Dexter (found on showtime). I know I have done a lot of outfits, a lot of "wish list" type of posts and I thought I might start adding "Product Reviews" to the blog. I always want to know what other's think of a product before I run out and buy it, so I am going to fill you in new products I love and products I could've done without.

The Reality of it All's first product review is Bare Mineral's Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser.


Now let me start with a disclaimer. If you go to the Bare Minerals store before March 3, you will not see this product in this packaging on the shelf. You will find it in a cream bottle labeled "Rare Minerals". But it is the same product...the old packaging is about $4.00 cheaper right now as they are trying to get rid of the old packaging.

A friend of mine raved about this product and I had to go in to see it because I could not even begin to imagine how it worked. This is a powder cleanser...I mean duh...almost all Bare Minerals stuff is a powder. What I couldn't understand was how a powder turns into a cleanser...Is it like dry shampoo? and if so how did that work on your face? The benefits include: completely organic, cleans off the gunk, promises to deliver brighter, smoother skin, and smaller pores. I could not wait to get this home and give it a whirl.

How to use it: First put about a teaspoon of the powder in your wet hand, rub it with your fingers and it will magically become a liquid. It is not really foamy but not what I would consider a creamy cleanser either. You can rub it really smooth or leave it a little gritty depending on if you want more or less exfoliating. What I loved was how it made my skin feel after washing the product off my face. It was smooth and silky. Now, I have only used this one night, so I can't say my pores are smaller yet...but I did immediately like the way it made my skin feel.
I have very sensitive skin and a lot of cleanser's can irritate my skin, leaving it red and burning (no, I don't have rosacea). The fact that it is organic and doesn't have chemicals in it is a plus for me. The better you start taking care of your skin while you are young then the longer it will last you, and that includes chemicals that strip your skin, leaving it dry and dull. I tend to like most all things Bare Minerals, even though I don't use all their products. I have yet to find one Bare Minerals product that I don't like. This cleanser does have a smell (even though the sales lady tried to tell me it didn't), it's a very light organic smell, almost spa like. It very much reminds me of this incredible line of skin care called Indigenous, from an Indian Reservation out in Chandler, AZ that I have visited.

Another win (for me) is the price at $24.00. I really have a hard time convincing myself to spend much more than this for a cleanser, and if you have shopped around for cleansers you know not many are on this lower end that are actually good. The Bare Minerals Boutique also has a great rewards program, so I suggest signing up if you are a loyal customer.

Verdict: LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment