Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Shopping

So for some strange reason, the mall parking lot was as packed as it is the weekend before Christmas.The only thing I can come up with is either 1.) I'm in a time machine and Christmas really is right around the corner, 2.) the out-of-towners didn't get the memo that UK was playing in Nashville this weekend and not at home, or 3.) that Valentine's day is as huge as Christmas and people will start putting up trees and placing presents under it. Yeah!!! Presents.

None the less, I managed to find a parking spot and shove my way through the overcrowded mall to use my Chase Rewards Macy's gift card. Timing could not have been more perfect to pick up my new Ralph Lauren Aviator Shades from Macy's-Sunglass Hut for the next few days of beautiful sunshine and 55 degree weather.

I also managed to score this dress I had been eyeing at Ann Taylor since Christmas. Goes to show, if you wait long enough, it will go on sale. Originally priced at $138, I took it home for all of $44.00! Oh I absolutely cannot wait to wear this! Come on spring!




I stopped in Kohl's today, a place that occasionally has a few cute pieces (especially Vera Wang jewelry). I am going back and forth on this top that I thought was adorable in the store but ultimately I left it there. Should I have snatched it up? I think it's priced a little high for Kohl's at $40.00 plus 30% off ($27.99). I think it could be really cute with my dark skinnies.

What are your thoughts? Take it or leave it?



3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I'm thinking leave it, thought I guess I'd need to see it. Floral prints can be tricky (longevity wise) so my rule of thumb isn't to spend as much on those prints. For a browsing-type purchase from Kohls, it's not much of a steal. But, f you are still thinking about it in a few days, go back to see if it's still there. If it is, it is meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like an awkward cut - it's cute though. I agree to go back in a few days to see if it's destiny :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirt that you like at Kohl's is on sale for an extra 15% off this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete