Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Challenge: Outfit #14

Dining Room is painted. Curtains are hung....and don't you know I realized they were on backwards after they were up. Golly jeepers!

Let me tell ya...taking pictures of yourself makes you realize a lot of things. One: I am not crazy about this sweater. Good thing I only paid $15 for it at Old Navy. I like it more in the fall without a shirt under it...but it's a little chilly for that now. Two: These jeans make my thighs look fat. Three: Everytime I try to curl my hair like this it ends up driving me crazy...don't know why I continue to bother. It looks way better straight. And Four: I can really tell that I have put on 10lbs over the past few years (guess it's not the jeans). Yes, I know most people think I'm skinny and I am for the most part, but I am not in shape. There is zero excuse for my laziness (my three month gym membership saw me for a month) and my bad food choices (hello fountain cokes and french fries). I'll be turning 30 (eek!) in a few months and the last thing I want is to continue the trend of putting on a few pounds every year, as it's going to be harder to get off the older I get.

With that being said, I am buying my friends P90X this week and going to get my booty into shape over the next 90 days. Which should end right at the start of bikini season! I have tried P90X back over the summer and made it about three weeks in....then I got distracted with work and life and gave up. I had borrowed the set and had to give them back to their rightful owner. I am planning to post pictures up: before, at 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days. Maybe that will hold me accountable, if I know everyone's going to want to see if it really works. If Jenna and J-Si on Kidd Kraddick can do it, so can I! ps...I heart Kidd Kraddick in the morning If you don't listen, you should!

I also need to get my diet in order. I am the pickiest eater on the planet (no really, I am). The only veggies I like are: corn, sweet potatoes, onions, spinach lettuce, and carrots. I love carbs! Bread, chips, fries, crackers...the good thing is I can do without sweets. I'd much rather have a fountain coke than a candy bar. So I'm starting today! No more soda (I know, I've tried this before and failed miserably). I am down to one a day, so I'll start replacing that with unsweeteed Tea (I need some caffeine) and the rest of the day will be water. If anyone has suggestions on how to make myself like more veggies, please comment below!

Enough blabbing...onto the Outfit. I had a little help with my picture today. Someone insisted on being an attention hog...

Really? Do you have to sit right there, right now?


Look....Mommy is trying to take a picture of her outfit for today's post. If you could 
 move, that would be great!

Yes, those are the infamous Loft OTK Peter Boots. Still love them!!

Again, if you were a picky eater and found a way to make yourself like new, healthier foods(veggies mostly!) please message me below.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been enjoying your outfit challenge! It has inspired me to use more of what I already have in my closet. Thank you! A couple of suggestions for the veggie problem. A couple of years ago,Jerry Seinfeld's wife (I think Jessica is her name) came out with a cookbook. I think it is called Delectably Deliscious. It is all about using veggies in recipes so that you don't even know they are there. I haven't tried any of the recipes, but I hear they are good. You might also try putting some slices of apple in a grilled cheese sandwich or mixing apple chunks into oatmeal. Hope this helps-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following the challenge!! I looked up the book, I'm gonna have to try it, there were some receipes on her website. I love apples (and lots of fruits), the veggies are my downfall. Are they really good on grilled cheese? That's sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is the cutest thing ever!! She looks EXACTLY like my baby...and sitting wherever she wants during a picture is totally boxer behavior :-) Love the outfit too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is our first boxer and we adore her crazy personality! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try dips, I started South Beach a while back, so far lost 20 pounds... 10 more to go!! But I got sick of the veggies and started using Tastefully Simple Dips, (making low fat). I have been eating veggies I NEVER would eat before...

    ReplyDelete