Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Challenge: Outfits 5 & 6

It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to answer- that was rhetorical.-Galinda (with a Ga)

I'm home from the Windy, (ridiculously cold) City. ake away the fact that it was blistering cold and I'd say the weekend was a great! I got to see Wicked again as it was back in Chicago for a month and it was just as good as the first time around.

"We can't all come and go by bubble" -Galinda
Since, I was only going up to Chicago for one day, I tried to pack light to NOT check a bag. I used to think this was impossible, but I'd like to think I've become a pro good at it. The key for me is controlling the shoes. I always over pack shoes and they take up so much room. So when the goal is one carry on (to avoid paying checked baggage fees, lost luggage, random people rummaging through your stuff... aka: TSA) there are a few things you can do to make it easier. Don't over pack. I am the queen of over packing, as most of you would probably be guilty of as well. It is so easy to do, but are you really going to wear six sweaters and four different pairs of pants in two days. Doubtful. Plan outfits in advance. Think about what you will be doing and what the outfit looks like. Mix and Match. Take pieces you can wear more than once (same pants twice, jackets over different tops). Leave the Bulk. Dresses and skirts take up less room since you don't need additional pieces. Don't pack that bulky 5lb sweater that takes up half your suit case. Also rolling your clothes allow you to fit more.

Pet Peeve Rant:
Please, please, please do not wear sweats to the airport. After traveling for three plus years I cannot stand seeing people in sweats...I mean really you couldn't find something better than you Juicy butt plastered pants for the rest of the world to see? So many people pass through the major hubs each day and there is no telling who you might be on a plane with and future contacts you could make. Take a shower, put on some make up, and don't look like your going to bed when you are headed to the airport.

Okay enough rambling...

I like comfortable clothes, shoes that are easy to get on and off, and very little jewelry....because then I have to take it off at security and try to remember what pocket I shoved it in when I make it to the "other side". Leggings and dresses are great for this. This trip I focused my outfits around my black OTKB from Ann Taylor Loft (ATL). This way I only packed, well really just wore one pair of shoes. I only got pictures of the two outfits (I had another one that I wore to the show...but I might save it for a work day since I only wore it for a few hours).

Friday Travel to Chicago Outfit
Man, did I miss my tripod. Should of gotten someone to help me snap a pic.

Sweater: White House Black Market Outlet X-mas 09'
Tank Top: AE ....I love layers. Comes from working at AE
Dress: New York and Company Layered Dress Summer 10'
Leggings: Express 10'
Boots: Ann Taylor Loft Fall 10'

Saturday Travel Outfit
A little disheveled after a full day of training and travel but none the less....had to capture the outfit.

Sweater: New York and Company Holiday 10'
Under T: Target Mossimo (I always wear an under tank or shirt)
Skirt: Express 07'
Tights: Walmart Sweater tights 08'
Boots: Ann Taylor Loft

And NOW the BEST thing in Chicago (throws up jazz hands) Garrett's Popcorn. You can't go to Chicago without getting Garrett's popcorn!



The Chicago Mix. Carmel and Cheese together!!

Happiness in a Bag!

It is fun to travel but it's oh-so-good to be home. Good night Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment