Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Readers!!!

I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year's Eve. I spent the night with friend's at our local Hilton's NYE party. I love getting to spend time with good friends. After a month's drama of searching for the perfect NYE dress (which I found the Eve of NYE in the Geno's Formal Affair's window...a little strappless sequin purple number that was +$200 and I am just not going to spend the on something I'm only going to wear for a few hours)I decided to go with the black Ann Taylor Loft little black dress (again I apologize...you'd never know my husband is a hobby photographer from my crappy iPhone pics).

The online facebook voting came to:
LBD: 11 votes
Purple: 8 votes

And the winner is....

As most of you know, I love Ann Taylor Loft and after searching high and low I headed over to ATL and scored this cute little number for $25 during the wonderful holiday 50% off store wide sale. Not sure what the original price was but my guess is over $100. The purple dress (below) was cute...but that's how I felt in it. Just cute. I am almost (not there yet...but almost) thirty so I don't really want to look "cute" anymore.


Losing dress $79 Dillards

I accessorized my LBD with a chiffon flower belt from Express (which cost more than the dress...go figure), an indredible pair of huge, sparkly, rhinestone earrings from Chico's (which I first broke by knocking it off and then lost the same broken one...dang clip ons), and lace bow pumps from Off Broadway that I can't wait to wear with a pair of black pencil pants.


Earrings: pre-losing the right one (which I hunted for in the dark for at least 30 minutes to never be found)


Pumps: pre-painted toe nails. EEK! Don't judge my naked toes.

After all the shopping was said and done, I got everything for my New Year's Eve outfit for under $100!

Dress: ATL $25
Shoes: Off Broadway $26
Earrings: Chico's $18
Belt: Express $29

I am looking forward to a great year of blogging and stayed tuned for a January challenge.

Did you find any good deals on your NYE Dress/Outfit?







No comments:

Post a Comment