Monday, January 31, 2011

The Challenge: Outfit #24

Hello, Hello.

We have all survived Monday! They are always the hardest to climb out of bed after being spoiled all weekend with sleeping in, having breakfast in bed (leggo my eggo) and watching old movies on Comedy Central till at least noon. Ohhh I am so not a morning person...never have been, never will be. Especially since it's been weeks since I've had a coke (a-cola that is in case there was any confusion) and I don't drink regular coffee (those yummy Starbucks drinks have just as many calories as the coke...and I'd rather have the coke!) Once Monday's down the rest of the week is a breeze.

Is anyone ready for the biggest snow storm of the year...I'm pretty sure the news casters have said that each and every time we've had a snow storm. We (Kentucky) are lucky to only get rain this time around because I am O-V-E-R the snow. Super happy I paid $7 to wash my car Sunday when I could have just let it get rained on and got achieved the same effect- salt removal.

Speaking of rain, I really, really, really want a pair of Hunter rain boots. Please, pretty please? I have a birthday coming up soon and they would be perfect for those April showers (hint, hint). And hubs if you are reading this...I'll make this easy for you. I don't want you to buy me boots, I want you to buy me the new iPhone 4. I even bolded just incase you are skimming the blog.

So what did I wear today? I know you are just dying to find out. So I'll quit blabbing and show you already.



Look at my cute little girl...this is her "Mommy pick me up!" dance. It was too cute not share.

Dress: The Limited
Tights: NYC
Boots: LOFT Peter OTKB
Ring: NYC (not online but in the store in multiple colors)
Nails: Essie Midnight Cami
Dog: Fluffy Yorkie



Don't blame me if you didn't snatch up a pair of these boots back in the fall. I blogged about them a lot. Love, love, love them and always get compliments on them when I wear them.



I do accessorize on occasion. You'd never guess I sold Lia Sophia and have ridiculous amounts of it. 
I'm usually in too much of a hurry to dig through my accessories. I do love this ring and vow to own more turquoise this summer!

 Please feel free to leave comments (remember the golden rule, do onto others... and only say nice things). I love when you guys write on here!

9 comments:

  1. I am so envious of your boots! As I have wrote on here before, I am a total Loft girl. But, the Loft in my town doesn't sell these awesome shoes!! I am lucky that they sell flops or wedges in the summer. I am very jealous. I love your outfit! And I am also envious that you guys are only getting rain in KY. In upstate NY (where I live) we are getting about 30 inches of snow! Ewww. I am so ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the boots a lot. I haven't tried over the knee - I'm afraid I'll look short. I also never think to pair black and brown. It looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have this same dress but never wear it because I always thought it looked so blah! But your boots really bring it to life!I will have to dig mine out and try to copy your look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love black and this worn brown (not so much dark brown).Whenever you want something from LOFT that you can't find at your store, get them to order if from another store or call the 800- number on their website. These boots were supposively "sold out everywhere". The guy on the 800 # found me a pair and had them shipped to me.

    I go through spells with this dress, but I really like it with these boots and spanx (hehe). It's so simple that it totally shows off these boots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the material content of this dress?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what the tag says, but it is a heavy cotton sweater feel. Not itchy wool sweater, definatly a tight cotton base.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i stumbled upon your blog today and have been reading it for the last hour (yes i'm at work:)...i love that you're able to put together items from your closet and make them look good...thank you very much...with that beign said, i have this same dress from the limted as well...it is so comfortable and lightweight it's ridiculous...keep the blog and clothing options coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kim! I'm a huge limited fan! I hope to do a few new post after vacation of some great new limited pieces I snagged recently.

    ReplyDelete