Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Challenge

Oh I hope I don't regret this....

I have decided for the start of the new year, I need a little challenge and motivation to:
1.  cut back on shopping (not that I'm really that bad...)
2.  try to be more resourceful and better manager of my money and
3.  have a little something extra to add to my blog (see I'm all about giving).

I love shopping and a little retail therapy really is therapy for me. I wouldn't say I'm a true shopping addict as I can function properly and my life isn't in a downward spiral because of it. But shopping can be addictive. For some people endorphins and dopamine are "turned on" making you feel happy which in turn makes you want to do it more often. Working retail for years with a 40% off discount didn't help matters as I could buy new stuff for the fraction of the price and didn't have to wear the same old things, over and over, and over.

So The Challenge begins tomorrow.

The Challenge for me is to not purchase anything new, but to be resourceful with the things I already have and create different outfits for the next month (being able to wear the same pieces over and over, but never the same outfit twice). I would be showing people how to mix and match, layer, and wear pieces in different ways. A "daily outfit" picture will be posted for you to see what I have put together. I will try to give you insight as to where and when I got the items. Some might be new pieces so I'll give you links (...I bought stuff over break, duh) if I have them.

Wish me luck! I have a feeling this will be me by day 15...

Photo borrowed from here

1 comment:

  1. I should try this challenge too. Both fortunately and unfortunately, I am losing weight so I have to keep buying clothes. But good luck to you, and enjoy you challenge.

    The Gospelnista
    www.thegospelnista.com

    ReplyDelete