Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Challenge: Outfit #22

I always look to other sources to get inspiration. Geeze I can't come up with all these outfits on my own. Sometimes our minds get stuck on one outfit and it's hard to see things in a new light. I love to scroll through look-books, blogs, and magazines for inspiration and ideas. Especially when working with a challenge like this where you are really trying not to wear the same outfit over, and over, and over.

Today's outfit is an inspiration from fellow blogger J's Everyday Fashion who also looks to other sources for inspiration as she has shown here with Charlize Theron and then her own personal take on the tweed look.

J's version:


My version:


Jacket: New York and Company
Shirt: Gap V-neck
Pants: Limited
Shoes: LOFT

I loved this inspiration because I would have never, never put navy with these pants. These pants have been in my closet for at least 3 years and I rarely wear them anymore because I got tired of seeing them with the same old black top. This is a very menswear inspired piece and I like the way it turned out. I had a back up ironed just in case...Thanks J for finding that awesome inspiration photo and for sharing it on your blog for me to find.



2 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! I would never have thought to put those pieces together either. You have inspired me to do my own closet "soul" searching and put pieces together that I normally wouldn't. Going to the office every day, sometimes I get into a clothes rut. So, I am trying to spice things up! Thanks again for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are enjoying the challenge! I totally get in the office rut. In the summer, I swear I have a uniform of dresses I just rotate out (gosh I miss dress days! ugh winter I hate you). Copy and paste pictures of things that you like into a folder on your computer and then you can think of things you have in your closet and keep an eye out for pieces you'd like to add.

    ReplyDelete