Thursday, January 13, 2011

What I Want

Like many of you, I find this time of year a really hard time of the year to shop. Unless I just find some ridiculous sale on that $100 sweater I wanted, then I am over winter clothes and ready for fresh spring looks. When there is still fresh snow on the ground it's hard to justify anything that isn't a parka! Brrrrr.

The key is to look for those pieces that are "wear now, wear later". So light tops can you layer nicely with a cardigan or jacket  (or even put a long sleeved t-shirt under it). Pants are pretty easy unless they are white lines or capri's (don't go there yet). The dark wide leg denim is going to be really popular this spring. Navy Trouser's (anything navy!) will be a good classic piece to add to your wardrobe... with the right cut it will look like a pair of denim trousers but with a more dressed up, big girl feel. Good thing I look good in navy (insert cheesy giant smiley grin here) it seems to be everywhere!

I just saw on E!  that blouses and trousers will be a big trend for spring. This classic looks is worth investing in as you can wear it for years to come. I love this look by Olivia Palmero. She always looks so classy (and she's a little sassy. Now she would be a great face for Ann Taylor for those of you keeping up with the Ann Taylor Katie Holmes drama).


Now that I have rambled on and on and on.... here are some pieces from my favorite stores:

LOFT

Nautical Stripe Tee $49.50 (buy it here)
Would look great tucked into a pair of dark wide leg jeans or navy trousers. Layer a blazer or cardigan over it for these chilly winter days.


This screams "I'm on a boat!" and that's why I love it. Pair with Khaki's and a colored pump, wide leg navy pants a worn brown belt, linen pants this spring and navy shorts this summer.

This whole outfit is adorable (or so I think) I just need to get some chuck tailors to complete my look. I own this top. It may be outfit #12 or 13. It is nicely layered over a t-shirt like shown here or with a tank top this spring when warmer weather arrives.


 Wear it now with a maroon or navy long sleeved top and navy tights and then free your legs this spring.


The Limited

 Another great blouse to wear with a pair of wide leg pants, tucked in and belted of course. Very lady like classic.


This is a great piece to do with a blazer, pretty much any color carigan and would look great over it! Then this would be cute with black capri's or black shorts this summer.

I will own this! Would be great with a long sleeved black t under it for now. Pair will black trousers, black skinnies, dark jeans...it really is an easy, classy piece.


This dress is in the window at The Limited and it is adorable! Paired with a black loose cardigan and a big belt (ooh like the flower one I got for NYE!) makes it wearable now.


Pair this with a navy blouse or sweater now and then a short sleeve t this spring. 

Express

Add some color to your blah days! Put on Pink Sweater and Purple tights and you'll be screaming spring! Or be a little more safe with a Purple cardi and navy tights. You probably have a spring dress like this at home that you can do the same thing with.


These come in lengths and have that higher looking waist band for tucking in blouses.


I really want this skirt! You could do so many things with it! Pair it with a blouse, cardigan, tights and pumps for now and with numerous tops this summer. Not available online...but hopefully Express will be carrying this in the spring.


What are some "wear now, wear later"  pieces you are adding to your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment