Monday, January 17, 2011

The Challenge: Outfit #15

It's my first day of my "new healthy life" which means: NO COKE (a-cola that is)! (this is where I insert a super-duper-really sad-frowny-face). I traded my medium Chick-fila coke this am for a large unsweetened Tea. Do you even have a clue how hard this was for me? One Tea, One  Vitamin Water Zero, and One water later, I swear I have a lack-of-coke headache! Is there a drug for this type of withdrawal I am having?

Ugh!

I tried to google: "Why coke is bad for me" hoping it would help me not want to drink one...but it really didn't help. Now I just want one even more. I think this does some sort of reverse psychology on me. Most people were disgusted by the movie "Super Size Me" and vowed to never go to McDonalds ever again...Not me...I was there the next day getting a greasy hamburger and french fries. It was all I could think about and knew I would keep craving it until I got it. (disclaimer: please take into account that I do not go there multiple times a day, I do not order super sized anything, and it doesn't matter to me that chickens don't have "nuggets".)

Let's hope tomorrow will be better...doubtful since it's two for one margaritas at Hacienda and I will not be eating there or enjoying a two for one...hum wonder if Kevin Anderson from BSB will be there?

Onto my other withdrawal...shopping. I am finally wearing my Ann Taylor Loft Striped Tunic (not really sure why it's called tunic because it's not long...like a tunic should be) that I got over Christmas break pre-blog challenge. I got it too big originally and had to switch it for a smaller size...(thus getting sucked into the clearance black pumps, that I hope to wear this week on a work trip)...and now I am finally getting around to finding stuff to go with it. I must say, I absolutely love it! I was going to layer it with a white long sleeved t-shirt because I was inspired by a "looks to love" outfit (here), but I thought it looked too dressed down/sloppy for my tan wideleg trousers. I went with a dark tank instead and I am super happy with how it pulled together. I can't wait to wear this sweater this spring with white trousers. Did you forget, I love the "I'm on a Boat" kind of look...now if I can just find a boat to be on...with my new no coke, P90X body I'm going to have by this summer. Watch out six pack...here I come!!

I feel this is a little mens-wear inspired and hubs say's it's his favorite outfit yet! Figures...he does think Jennifer Connolly is hot with her manly features. Sorry Jen-Con....


Sweater: Ann Taylor LOFT $59.50 (here)
Tank: American Eagle
Pants: The Limited Cassidy Wide Legs
Shoes: Ann Taylor LOFT Sunni Mid Calf Boots

Here is a close up so you can see the details on this sweater.

Here's to making it through another day... Coca-cola Free!

6 comments:

  1. I gave up soda my senior year of high school (9 years ago) and it was great. I occasionally crave a sip and if I'm drinking rum... well I need coke too ;) Good luck! If you still need the fizz, go for some club soda/seltzer.

    This post reminded me that I need a new pair of khaki trouser pants this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut out soda years ago and don't notice a difference in missing it. Prior to that, it was all i drank. Now I drink 1-2 cups coffee in the Am for a small amount of caffeine. Then the rest of the day is Water, v8, Perier for a water reward, gatorade sometime. It's really easy to do and you'll eliminate so many empty calories.
    Also you and jesse should sit down and choose which meals you eat at home vs eat out and go get good veg groceries for those. It's all about planning.

    On to your chlothes--i'm on my feet a lot during the day and used to be at night too so the trouser pant and sweater or some variation of is basically my uniform. Women always look classy in it. Love your version! Remember, i do have every color of the express editor pant lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to buy this sweater after you shared the Looks to Love outfit. I love it. Now, I just need to find a white boatneck tee to wear under it! I ordered one from Old Navy, but I'm not sure it will work...I'll find out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this top on you and had to get it as well!! I also got the modern chino pant (wild mushroom color) from ATL because it was sooo comfy! MLR, what shoes other than boots can I wear with this outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out those modern Chinos! I'm always on the hunt for good khakis. I really can't wait for it to get a little warmer to wear sandals or wedges with this look, or ballet flats (depending on pants). I really think a colored pair of shoes would be fab! Like green or red. (The LOFT look had chuck tailors which was totally cute...but who can really pull that off and not look sloppy).

    Loft had a shirt that they had under it....can't remember the name but it was on sale. Did the Old Navy one work? It looks so cute with white under it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did see that Loft had a boatneck shirt online, so I ordered it, but they only had xxs, which probably will be too small. I didn't get the old navy one yet, but hopefully one of these shirts will work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete